Instagram stories are a great way to market your brand or to just share moments with friends and family. Here’s how to post a story on Instagram and share it with others.
What Is an Insta Story?
An Instagram story is a photo or video that disappears after 24 hours (unless you highlight it on your profile). As opposed to regular posts, stories do not include social media buttons or comment sections.
You can repost Instagram stories you’re tagged in if the original poster has enabled sharing. You can even live stream Instagram Stories using Instagram Live Video. Instagram Stories can be linked by users with 10,000 followers or more.
How to Make an Insta Stories?
- Launch Instagram and swipe right to access the camera or tap the Plus sign (+) icon and scroll to Story.
- Take a photo by tapping the circle, or tap and hold to record a video. You can also swipe up on the screen to select a photo or video from your device’s gallery.
- Use the tools at the top to add doodles, text, filters, or stickers.
- Tap Your Story (or Your Stories) at the bottom of the screen to post the photo or video to your story.
- You can view your post by tapping Your Story at the top of your feed. After 24 hours, you can keep the story by tapping Highlight under the story.
How to Add to an Instagram Story
When you share a story, you can add stickers, text, and other elements. You see additional options when you tap the sticker icon while editing your story. There are options, like adding music or tagging your location, or even creating a quiz. Tap the camera icon on the stickers page to add a selfie sticker.
Note: By pinching the screen, you can change the size of the stickers you place. You can also swipe left and right to cycle through the filters.
You can also pin stickers and text to moving elements in a video. Tap the bottom of the screen once you’ve placed your text or sticker, then tap the object in the video you wish to pin it to.
Final words: As social media tools become more integrated, social channels are more likely to cross over. You can add a Twitter post you like directly to your Instagram story if you are using the iOS Twitter and iOS Instagram apps.
Find the tweet you like and tap it. Choose Instagram Stories from the Share menu. Like any other photo or video, the tweet will be added to your Instagram Story.